Talbot Bank is here to help you with all of your business needs, including one of your biggest headaches—returned checks.
The Re$ubmitIt® service significantly reduces the burden of collecting funds from NSF checks, while potentially doubling your recovery rate. You collect more returned checks and get 100% of the face value of all checks that are collected electronically!
To be Eligible for Electronic Recovery, a Returned Check Must:
- Be a personal check to a business (not business-to-business)
- Be under $2,500
- Be less than 180 days old from date of transaction
- Cannot have been already submitted twice, either electronically or by paper draft
What Happens to Ineligible Checks?Returned items that are less than $2,500 and ineligible for electronic re-presentment are re-submitted to the check writer’s account as a paper draft, subject to eligibility requirements. Items equal to or greater than $2,500, are not eligible for Re$ubmitIt services.
How Does Re$ubmitIt® Work?
The Re$ubmitIt® electronic returned check processing service handles the re-presentment process from beginning to
end, via the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network for
re-presentment directly to the check writer’s bank account.
You must provide your customers with one of the Re$ubmitIt check policy disclosures by:
(a) posting the check policy disclosure stickers at the point of sale where you accept checks;
(b) printing the check policy disclosure on your invoices; or
(c) including the check policy disclosure in your service or sales agreements.
- Returned checks are sent from Talbot Bank to Re$ubmitIt®, where eligible checks are converted into electronic items for re-presentment to the check writer’s bank account for payment.
- The electronic check file is processed and strategically timed for re-presentation. Presenting checks at proven “smart dates” improves the chance of payment.
- If the item is not recovered on the first electronic re-presentment, it is re-cued for a second electronic re-presentment (three total). If this third presentment fails, the check can be forwarded to a collection agency to conduct FREE secondary collections, or the check can be sent back to you.
- Upon settlement, 100% of the face value of the check is reimbursed to you automatically. The check writer’s account is charged a returned check fee as compensation for the processing services.
- To sign up for this free service print and return the completed agreement to Re$ubmitIt® Processing Center, PO Box 932, Dunedin, FL 34698.
If you have questions about the Re$ubmitIt® electronic check recovery service, please contact us directly by calling Talbot Bank at 800-673-8258 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.